common entrance and 11+ Christmas course
For students who want to ace their school entrance exams
Monday 18th - Friday 22nd December 2017
Hours: 9.30am- 4pm, Monday-Friday
Location: Beechwood Park School, St Albans (AL3)
This Common Entrance and 11+ prep course is specifically designed for students who are sitting the school entrance exams at competitive independent schools in the UK.
Students attending the course will benefit from daily morning classes with our founder, Victoria Olubi, who has a fantastic track record of helping students to obtain places at some of the most prestigious schools in the country.
Afternoons will be spent with Dr Kathryn Weston who will focus on helping students to boost their social confidence, resilience, presentation and interview skills.
This intensive course provides:
- More than 20 hours of tuition with some of the UK's best tutors.
- Personalised feedback from our founder, Victoria Olubi, who has an incredible track record and has helped hundreds of students to pass the 11+ and 13+ exams.
- Confidence coaching by renowned expert, Dr Kathryn Weston. This will include how to handle exam nerves, how to leave an amazing first impression during school interviews and exam preparation mastery.
- The course is beneficial for students who are sitting the entrance exams for prestigious schools including Harrow, Westminster, Eton College, Dulwich, Cheltenham Ladies' College, Merchant Taylor's, Headington, City of London School, St Paul's, JAGS, Emanuel School and the North London Independent Schools' Consortium.
- English (creative writing, spelling, punctuation, grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension)
- Maths (algebra, fractions, percentages, ratio, measurements, geometry, chart and graph analysis)
- Interview mastery and confidence coaching (including preparation for one-to-one and group interviews)
AM: mock assessment followed by comprehension techniques with Victoria.
PM: Confidence building skills with Dr Weston.
AM: spelling, punctuation, vocabulary and grammar skills with Victoria.
PM: Exam mastery with Dr Weston.
festive Cooking class at Gino D'campo's kitchen with Karen Bretts, founder of How2BoilWater.com.
AM:creative and discursive writing practice with Victoria.
PM: Interview coaching with Dr Weston.
AM: Final mock exam followed by recap (covering difficult questions)
PM. Mathematics revision with Bubblz the Maths Clown.
Our students have received offers from:
In addition to the above, every child who completes the course will receive the following course completion gifts:
- Free access to our online course, The Clever Comprehension Academy (worth £144). This allows students to hone their comprehension skills and revise topics covered during the course at any time.
- Complimentary goody bags and prizes are given at the end of the course to reward students for their work.
The course will be held at the magnificent Beechwood Park School in St Albans. The school is a 35-minute drive from Harrow (North-West London) and less than 30 minutes from Watford.
The closest train stations are Hemel Hempstead and St Albans Abbey.
Course fee: £575 per child.
There are only ten spaces available which are available on a first-come-first-served basis.
Please note that whilst the deposit reserves your child's place, the full course fee, which can be paid in instalments, must be paid by the 4th of December 2017. The deposit will be subtracted from the final invoice.
Please note that spaces are limited and fill very quickly. To avoid disappointment, we recommend booking as soon as possible.
Is there a deadline for booking a place?
Places are based on a first-come-first-served basis and it's likely that they'll be taken by the end of October. Once places have been sold, we won't be accepting any additional children onto the course.
I live in London, will the course be too far from me?
Beechwood school is located in a very quiet but easily accessible area so you should be able to drive to the school within 45 minutes if you're based in West or North London.
Some parents choose to let their child stay with a family member who lives near to Watford, Harrow, Luton or Hertfordshire. This could be a great option if you have a relative living within those areas.
Is lunch provided?
We provide light snacks but students will need to bring a packed lunch and bottle of water with them each day. We recommend including enough food in your child's lunchbox so that they don't feel hungry during the day.
What kind of venue will the course be in?
The course will be held at the beautiful Beechwood Park School which is an independent school based in Markyate, St Albans. The school is located in a safe, secure and idyllic environment, surrounded by stunning greenery.
We use a secure payment processor to handle transactions and we are also verified merchants with PayPal and GoCardless.
However, if you'd prefer to book your child's place over the phone or by bank transfer, simply contact us to request payment information.
You can also give us a call on 020 8242 4270 if you have any questions regarding the course. Alternatively, please fill in the contact us form here to get in touch.
Terms and conditions
Please note that by making a partial or full payment for the course you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
Once a booking has been made, it is non-refundable and non-transferable. All sales are final.
The Tutoress reserves the right to change or cancel a course if the required minimum number of participants is not met. If the minimum number of bookings required to run a course is not met, and if the course is cancelled for this reason, all money paid to us, including your deposit, will be refunded. Refund payments will be limited to the total amounts paid to us.
If your child cannot attend a course because of sickness, illness, the decision to withdraw or other personal matters, please contact us to request a non-attendance pack which will include all of the materials and resources that were used during the course. At the discretion of The Tutoress, we may be able to accomodate your child on a future course if there is availability.
Class sizes are subject to change. Furthermore, we are unable to reschedule classes that are missed due to a child's withdrawal, family emergency, illness or any other situation. In such instances, no partial or full refunds will be given.